My home is fairly new, what can I do to improve electrical efficiency?
• Review age of appliances, consider replacement if they are older than 10 years.
• Review energy use from things plugged in around your home. Do you need all of these plugged in all of the time? Learn about phantom load.
• Check windows and doors for air leaks around frames. Learn about weatherization techniques.
• Have your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment tuned up by a reputable dealer.
• Begin to plan for replacement of your heating and air conditioning equipment in the next few years. Typical equipment life expectancy is 13-15 years.
< Back to all frequently asked questions