- We are in the process of replacing all the electric meters in our service territory with a meter that allows the meter readers to read the meter remotely without having to go into a customer’s yard to read the meter. This saves Waverly Light and Power both time and money and is a much safer method for reading meters.
- The new meter is an AMR (advanced meter reading) meter which sends out a very low RF signal in the 902-928 MHz frequency range that is read by a Field Collector used by our meter readers. The AMR meters provide one-way communication from the meter to the Field Collector.
- We use Centron Meters by Itron. The standard single phase meter is a C1SR and the standard three phase meter is a CP1SDR3.
- The Centron meters comply with the US Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 47, Part 15, of the FCC Rules. (CENTRON Meter Technical Reference Guide)
- We are NOT currently using an AMI meter or what is sometimes called a “Smart Meter”. A “Smart Meter” provides two-way communication from the meter to the collector and from the collector to the meter. Currently we are only using the AMR meter which is one way from the meter to the field collector.
- We collect the total amount of energy used in the billing cycle once per month to be used for billing purposes. We do not collect time of use data.
< Back to all frequently asked questions